Friday, November 12, 2010

Yardsale Time

Twice a year our neighborhood sponsors an official yardsale day. All the good stuff is snatched up within 30 minutes so it's necessary to stalk out what your neighbors are dragging out on Friday evening. The next one is tomorrow, November 13. Here are some recent finds I've found in the neighborhood:

Old Hostess tins. So much prettier than ziplock bags for cookies.

This child's hutch--dated approximately to the 1930s with the original paint.

An old TV/radio. There's a knob that switches from TV to radio and the buttons along the side are for Channels 3 through 12. We've put it in the living room right inside the front door. It faces our flat screen, plasma TV that gets way more nine channels. Televisions have come a long way in 60 plus years!


This kitchen scale has found a great home on top of our fridge. I love old kitchen gadgets and cookbooks...

5 comments:

Elise said...

I love how you are using these old pieces as decor! I LOVE the old TV set. What a great idea!!!

Signy said...

I love what you have done in the living room! We are looking forward to our time there SOON!

Kara Givens Paulk said...

Thanks Elise! I have another one that is actually a prettier wood--walnut part of it opens to a record player and the other to an Admiral radio--I can almost hear Churchill coming out of it! I'll post a picture soon!

Thanks Mom! Can't wait for next weekend...ya'll will have to stop by on your way...

Eryn Campbell Wilson said...

Love your finds!! I remember how much you love old kitchen items! Remember our day in Franklin. :) Love the child's hutch! I have one that my great grandfather made for my grandmother. It is at my parents until I need one!

Ashley said...

you are an EXCELLENT "finder"!!