Saturday, October 16, 2010

I Was There to Hear Your Borning Cry

I was there to hear your borning cry,
I'll be there when you are old.
I rejoiced the day you were baptized
To see your life unfold.

I was there when you were but a child,
With a faith to suit you well;
In a blaze of light you wandered off
To find where demonds dwell.

When you heard the wonder of the Word
I was there to cheer you on;
You were raised to priase the living Lord,
To whom you now belong.

When you found someone to share your time
And you joined your hearts as one,
I was there to make your verses rhyme
From dusk till rising sun.

In the middle ages of your life,
Not too old, no longer young,
I was there to guide you through the night,
Complete what I'd begun.
When the evening gently closes in
And you shut your weary eyes,
I was there as I have always been
With just one more surprise.


I was there to hear your borning cry,
I'll be there when you are old.
I rejoiced the day you were baptized,
To see your life unfold.


Copyright 1985, John Ylvisaker

No comments: