Monday, September 27, 2010

Oh Happy Day

I spent Sunday afternoon at Germanfest with two of my favorite little people. Their parents are so sweet. They let me borrow them from time to time. It keeps me from looking like a creep at events where everyone has a child. It's in Gluckstadt--which I think means "happy village" in German.

More to come but here are a few of my favorites:

There were games for .50 cents. Lots of games. We liked watching this one.

There were women and men dressed in traditional German attire. Where can I get one of these? There was German beer. There was German food. And music. You get the idea.

There were hay bales. Witt and Katelyn had never played on hay bales (city kids!). They caught on really fast. We didn't want to leave. We stayed until it was all packed up and there wasn't anything left to see. Even the hay bales had gone to be someone's supper.
Witt (long, sad sigh, sweet sweet, voice): If you had come earlier we would have been here longer. I was waiting on you all day.
Me: We'll come back next year. Much earlier. And stay all day.
And bring your parents so I can sample the German beer.

1 comment:

Rhetta said...

Love your blog Kara! Glad you had fun at the Germanfest! Hopefully we can go next year!