Monday, September 27, 2010

Grilled Apple Butter Pork Chops

We celebrated the first 7 weeks of med school being over with a small dinner pary Saturday night. It was the first time Doc has taken off more than 3 hours since he started Aug. 5. He'd forgotten how to relax. How to just be. The wine helped a bit.

My brother is staying with us until his wedding in December and I wanted to introduce him to some of our friends. T & I haven't spent this much time together since I was in high school. It's been so much fun. The boys watched the Ole Miss game. The girls sat on the front porch and passed around Ashley & Justin's baby. She is precious.

My sweet friend DeeDee does more work when she comes over. Her official job is table setter. Doesn't she do a good job? She also made an amazing cake. I didn't get a picture though. I was too busy eating it. She served it with strawberries so we could classify it as part of our daily fruit needs.


The pork chops and grilled green beans--gotta love the grill. It keeps the kitchen clean! Unless you run out of gas and the charcoal gets too gray while you wait for the rice to cook. That ends up burning. Oh well.
My pumpkins and goards from the Farmers Market at the Fairgrounds. I really like the little one with horns. I'm going back on Thursday.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

that was such a fun night! thanks for putting so much effort into it! just wish i could have stayed all night till the partying was over!